Reporting should be led by the IPCT. Reporting of COVID-19 should occur on recognition of a COVID-19 cluster
COVID-19 Cluster (possible COVID-19 outbreak as defined in section 3.5)
- A cluster should be assessed using the Healthcare Infection Incident Assessment Tool (HIIAT) as per Appendix 14 of the NIPCM.
- All confirmed clusters/possible outbreaks, must be reported to ARHAI.
- A Healthcare Infection Incidents, Outbreaks and Data Exceedance Reporting Too (HIIORT). should be completed for any HIIAT score of Red or Amber and for any HIIAT Green incident where support from ARHAI Scotland is required/requested.
- HIIORTs must be submitted using the Healthcare Infection Incidents, Outbreaks and Data Exceedance Reporting Tool.
- The data submitted above is reported through ARHAI to the Scottish Government Healthcare Associated Infection Policy Unit and it is essential that all fields within the tools are completed to enable reporting requirements to be met.
- Any media statements prepared by the IMT in response to the incident should be shared with ARHAI.