Note: the current COVID-19 cluster reporting system is currently under review due to changes in asymptomatic testing policy announced on 14 September 2022.
Reporting should be led by the IPCT. Reporting of COVID-19 should occur on recognition of a COVID-19 cluster
COVID-19 Cluster (possible COVID-19 cluster as defined in section 3.5)
- A cluster should be assessed using the Healthcare Infection Incident Assessment Tool (HIIAT) as per Appendix 14 of the NIPCM.
- All confirmed clusters/possible outbreaks, must be reported to ARHAI Scotland.
- All COVID-19 clusters should be reported through the electronic ORT
- All board-level data is accessible through the ARHAI Scotland interactive dashboards on the eViz portal
- The data submitted above is reported through ARHAI Scotland to the Scottish Government Healthcare Associated Infection Policy Unit and it is essential that all fields within the tools are completed to enable reporting requirements to be met.
- Any media statements prepared by the IMT in response to the incident should be shared with ARHAI.